Asus Modem DNS Setup for Smart DNS Proxy
Following Asus Modem Smart DNS setup instruction is only needed one time. Once you finish the initial Smart DNS Proxy setup on your Asus Modem, you won't be needing to take the same steps anytime. Your connection will work automatically *anytime!
Please find Smart DNS Proxy setup instructions for Asus Modem below:
1. Log into your Asus Modem Admin Panel.
In order to access to your Asus Modem admin Panel please visit http://192.168.1.1 from your Internet Browser. This is the default Ip address. But some modems may be different, so if your admin panel doesn't open, please try http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.2.1.
2. Enter your Asus Router admin panel username and password and LOGIN. The default credentials are admin for username and admin for password. You can find the correct information from your router manual handbook.
3. Select Advanced Settings from the left panel. Then select WAN.
4. Click Edit from the right panel Wan Configuration.
5. Select Dynamic IP for WAN
5. Enter Smart DNS Proxy DNS IPs to DNS Server 1 & DNS Server 2 sections.
6. Click on Apply.
Make sure to RESTART your Asus Modem/Router!
* Remember whenever your PC/Router IP changes, our service will stop working for you. You will need to LOG INTO Smart DNS Proxy and UPDATE your IP address so that our system could check your IP address and add your new IP to our database. Then, you will be able to continue using our service. If this is the first time you set up, we also suggest that you log in with your PC to our site from the same Wired/Wireless network to show our system your IP address.